There are times when you want to treat yourself with something sweet, but don’t feel like taking on a challenge of a three-hour baking marathon. Then there are times when you have just some puff pastry in the freezer and a jar of Nutella in the kitchen cupboard.
Oh boy, Sloth happens to have just the perfect dessert for both of the situations described earlier! Let’s get our ingredients ready, heat up the ovens and prepare our taste buds for sweet and crispy puff pastry and Nutella greatness!
Here’s what you need:
– 2 or 3 sheets puff pastry
– 5 tablespoons Nutella
– 1 teaspoon cardamom
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 tablespoon sugar – to give your Nutella mixture some crunchiness
– Fresh berries – Sloth went with raspberries this time, but you can go on with any kind berries
– Fresh mint leaves
– 1 egg for brushing the pastries
Here’s how you do it:
- Cut your puff pastry into shapes of two different-sized circles
- Put the circles on top of each other and push or cut a hole in the middle for Nutella filling
- Mix the Nutella with cardamom, cinnamon, and sugar
- Put the mixture into the holes in the puff pastry
- Brush pastry with egg yolk and a little bit of butter
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at a 375 degrees F (190 C)
- If the pastries are crispy and golden brown, decorate with berries and mint leaves
- Let your dessert cool for 5 to 10 minutes
From the pastry dough leftovers, you can easily make smaller Nutella bites, by pressing a hole in the pastry and then filling it with Nutella mixture. Just like those you see in the pictures below :).
Here are some suggestions for serving the dessert:
Since our recipe for these puff pastries with Nutella has already some mint and berries coded to it, you have no reason to worry about serving. But if you insist, Sloth would personally meddle with some whipped cream or maybe ice cream.
A nice cup of your favorite tea is also a perfect company for your dessert. Also, you can’t miss with a glass of cold milk if you’re into that good old cow juice 😋.
Sloth hopes you got your cravings for sugar fixed in a fast and tasty way. We sure did and we are more than sure to bake those easy puff pastry and Nutella deliciousness soon enough again!